Rafting catamarans (Catarafts)
We produce rafting catamarans (catarafts) with seats on tubes. This type of catarafts commonly uses in Russia, Ukraine, Belorussia and others CIS countries. These catarafts have some features:
- Design proven for years – the USSR tourists used it since 1950-s.
- Simple frame construction – you can use our standard frame our make it yourself from aluminum or wood.
- Tourists sitting astride the pontoons and rowing with oars.
- Between pontoons is stretched PVC as a flexible deck. It is also used for equipment and passengers.
- This catamaran can be used with outboard motor up to 10 h.p.
We have three types of frame mounts for rafting catamarans (catarafts) differing by assembling speed and rigidity of construction.
Rigid PVC frame mounts
Rigid PVC frame mounts provide high-speed of catamaran assembling. This mounts are suitable for travelling across rivers and lakes and not for whitewater rafting and jumping from waterfalls because mounts are less rigid than grommet strip with lacing.
Grommet strip is a PVC tape with steel grommets along pontoon. Frame tubes attached to pontons with lacing. This is rigid mount but catamaran's assembling becomes a little bit longer. This is the most commonly used frame mounts.
Double grommet strip
Frame tube is placed between two tapes and than lacing on top. This mount type has a maximum rigidity. We recommend you to use it for the sea, huge lakes and whitewater.
Pontoons are protected from UV rays, salt water, ail etc. Bottom pontoon seam is protected with rubber tape with width 6cm. Pontoon endings are made with rigid PVC. Pontoons inflated via air valves, which are normally used for PVC boat.